Tuesday 31 May 2011

Club Information

Background and update

As you may know we defaulted on our original 25 year lease which gave us a new ground to the same standard as Ford Meadow within 6 miles of our current location.

Tony Rosenberg renegotiated a new lease last year which ended today 31 May 2011. When I became Chairman in October I spoke to the landlords solicitor to ascertain what would happen at the end of the lease he thought it would be renewed but suggested I email the landlord for clarification which I did on 28th October I also offered a higher rent for a longer time period or if was not going to renew the lease to let us know so we would have time to relocate.

I have chased him on a few occasions but have been told that he is very busy and never gets back to people. I sent him another email on 20 May to say although the lease will have ended I would pay the Rates, Insurance etc. and send him Junes rent whilst we wait for the new lease to be drawn up which he did finally reply to saying he would not be renewing the lease and he wanted vacant possession.



I have since had several emails and conversations with him to try to save the situation. I have asked for a small extension or that we just have the pitch and they have Ford Meadow club and car park area as you cant build on the pitch part and over the weekend we offered him £6,000 in advance to clear what the previous committee had defaulted by followed by 11 months at £1,100 which is a total of £18,100 rent against our original rent of £12,000 which I think is very reasonable but would still only be for one year but it would give us time to relocate. However the landlord wants £22,000 for one year in advance which we simply don’t have.

Anyone wishing to pay this will be more than welcome. This is a real shame because we had turned a big corner with all the bills paid and money in the bank unfortunately not £22,000.

I Have kept Phil Smith at Padbury informed as this also affects them and to their credit he had offered to double their rent and pay us the whole £2,500 in advance to go towards the deposit which he didnt have to do.

I have been speaking today to our league and they will be very supportive towards us while we look for a new home which in the long run will benefit the club as we cant continue to be held to ransom every year and always have the ground being sold over our heads.

I have also been speaking to John Bercows office today and although John is away until Thursday he is going to join the fight to save the club and help in any way he can.



As soon as I get any news I will let everyone know.

Vince

No comments:

Post a Comment