Saturday 31 December 2011

Happy New Year

Happy New Year to all fans, players and officials of BTFC.

I have been pleased to see see a good reaction from the boys after the 1-1 draw with Rothwell Town (Under 16s!!) Lets be honest, we created enough chances to win 2 games that day!

A good win against Chenecks away, an absolute mauling of Bourne at home and a good win against Olney's bogey team Wootton yesterday stand the team in good stead for 2012. Bugbrooke aren't all that but I didn't see the game personally.

I still miss the job at BTFC like you wouldn't believe but Mrs K reads this website so I have to be careful (Love you dear x). The next fixture throws up some interest for a number of reasons, I've openly criticised their Manager Neil Griffiths in the past but underneath it all he is just a passionate football person doing what he knows best which has led to former Robins flying the nest but we shouldn't hate him for that. I can only speak from experience but Geoff Baffo and Jared Cunniff both gave me their all for the last 12 games of last season and were a credit to themselves during that period, I believe that if I had been stronger and stuck to my guns they both would still be wearing the red of BTFC tomorrow but thats another story.

Olney are not title contenders, they are not even promotion contenders any more and if I was taking the field against them tomorrow I would fancy my chances of 3 points, puff your chests out boys, give it your all and you'll win comfortably.

See you soon

No comments:

Post a Comment