Wednesday 7 November 2012

Last Night

Sometimes you just have to take your medicine and get on with it, I have been asked by several players not to put a detailed match report from last night on here such was the humiliating nature of the defeat.

I won't put anyone through the pain of it but I will just say that we did hit the post three times and have two goals disallowed, it was just the bits that happened in between that were not so good (understatement).  The main difference was Olney's pacey front man Stewart Allen who scored after a couple of minutes and terrorised our defence for pretty much the entire game, it's worth noting that he had only played in 3 of Olney's 11 league matches prior to last night and I would suggest that they are a different proposition when he's not playing.

I don't think there is a single player that would attempt to defend their performance last night and they were quick to take the blame afterwards, however I have to take a large chunk of blame myself..... I got it wrong last night on a number of levels.  Massimo Colucci was a major doubt for the game because of work but once he had made himself available at about 3pm I probably should have started him, he has arguably been our best defender of late.  I threw Pat Diamond and Nick Bines straight in after injury lay offs and they were both feeling it last night, along with those mistakes I also started Darryl Phillips and Alex Carroll who were both carrying injuries.  My biggest mistake was getting the technical ability to battling qualities ratio wrong, we tried to play tippy tappy intricate football against a team who got in our faces and wanted it more.  As soon as the going got tough we collectively disappeared back in to our shells and gave up, I've never seen so many half hearted tackles in my life.

We will stumble battered and bruised back on to the battle field on Saturday and any player who is not prepared to roll their sleeves up and give their all to Buckingham Town for 90 minutes should stay at home

Dan Kingston

No comments:

Post a Comment