Saturday 17 September 2011

ANNOUNCEMENT

It is with a heavy heart that I have to announce my decision to step down as First Team Manager after today's victory over Great Linford.

I started a new job on June 9th this year and it became painfully obvious a few weeks in to it that the extra demands were hampering my ability to do what needed to be done as Manager of this great club and it was all putting too much strain on my family life. Despite knowing since mid June that I couldn't carry on I wanted to make sure that I stayed until the season had started because there had been more than enough upheaval over the summer and I felt it would destabilise the club further if I left before our league campaign got underway.

We have had a reasonable start to this campaign and are currently unbeaten in 5 league games going back to the end of last season so I feel I leave the side in much healthier shape than when I arrived in March. There is no reason why this group of players can't push on and finish in the top 3 of the division this season.

I really enjoyed the back end of last season and nothing gave me greater pleasure than helping to put pride back into this club even if only for a short while. A few things changed within the setup this summer and it hasn't felt the same for some reason but I have massive respect for the Chairman, Vince looked at ways I could remain as Manager but whatever suggestions were made just weren't right for the club and as I've said on here before no one person is bigger than Buckingham Town football club, least of all me.

We have spent most of the last month talking to potential replacements to continue taking the club in the right direction because whoever takes over needs to follow the vision, I'd hate to think I was handing over the reigns to someone who can't see past the next game and doesn't act in the best interests of the club as a whole.

On a more positive note, I have decided to stay on at Buckingham Town FC in a "Football Development" role, I will be working closely with Vince on the new ground project and pushing forward with the plan to get a full youth setup as well as player recruitment for all BTFC sides among other duties. There will be regular updates on my progress in match day programmes so make sure you attend home games and buy one.

No comments:

Post a Comment